Events - Wussow's Concert Cafe
Open Mic happens every Wednesday at Wussow’s Concert Cafe. If you have a favorite local musician, chances are they have some fond memories of getting up on our stage. Wussow’s has been voted Best Open Mic by The Reader Weekly and it’s the place to be if you want to check out up-and-comers. We provide the stage and the sound, and this amazing community provides the talent.
Wednesdays from 6-10 PM. The sign up list goes out 5 minutes before the start of the event and every performer gets 15 minutes on stage.
Every Thursday we have an event that is aimed at bringing our local community of artists, writers, and thinkers together. And, let’s not forget, Thursdays are also half-priced wine night!
- 1st Thursday – Art Opening
Every month we showcase the work of a new local artist on our walls and the 1st Thursday is the opening reception. Grab a bite, meet the artist, and enjoy live music while you mingle.
- 2nd Thursday – Denfeld Jazz
The talented students from Denfeld High School’s Jazz program show off their skills every 2nd Thursday.
- 3rd Thursday – Spoken Word Open Mic
Are you a writer? Do you know a writer? Do you love words? Well, Spoken Word Open Mic is the place to be every 3rd Thursday. Show up to sign up for 10 minutes on stage to share your work or just sit back and enjoy. This open mic is open to all genres of the written word AND there’s trivia!
- 4th Thursday – Café Scientifique
Come on out for a free monthly science discussion led by experts. These talks are traditionally an hour long, with around 20 minutes of presentation followed by 40 minutes of discussion and questions from the audience. The topics vary greatly but are always interesting. Want to know about the fate of plastic? The migration of birds? Ancient religions? The future of humans in space? This is the event for you! Learn more at cafescitwinports.org
Stop in for brunch from 10-2 every Saturday and Sunday. Our menu might change every week depending on what shows up from our CSA shares, but we try to keep our favorites on hand like:
- Huevos Frijoles with 2 Locally Laid eggs, black beans, goat cheese, warm tortillas and house-made pico
- Caprese Breakfast Grilled Cheese with locally grown tomato, fresh basil, mozzarella, cream cheese, Locally Laid eggs, on 3rd Street sunflower wheat with a local garden salad
- Cuban Breakfast Panini with Yker Akers roasted pork & ham, spicy maple mustard, and Locally Laid eggs on toasted focaccia
Match your brunch option with a Sake Bloody Mary, Hard Cider Mimosa, or a Sake Fresh Squeezed Lemonade. Enjoy free live music most Sundays.